# 170 : mon portrait chinois...revisité!


°°°

In 2009 while still living in West Lafayette, Indiana (USA) as a Graduate Student, I posted my chinese portrait : "If I were..."

In 2019, allow me to updade it to this :


If I were a color,
it would be a muted rose gold. 

If I were a jewel,
 it would be an emerald ring.

If I were a shoe style,  
it would be a black textured leather, 
low-heel ankle boot.


If I were a house,
it would be a renovated thatched cottage 
in the English countryside with a great 
collection of artisanal ceramics. 
 
If I were a flower,
it would be an African protea.

If I were an animal,
it would still be a black cat.

If I were a spice,
it would be curcuma/tumeric. 
 
If I were a vegetable, 
it would be an heirloom winter pumpkin variety.

If I were a fruit,
 it would be guava.
 
If I were an ice cream flavor,   
it would be salted caramel.

If I were an earth element,
it would be air.
 
 If I were an expression,
it would be
... and she continued to live by her own rules.




°°°

background mood

Christine and the Queens : Paradis Perdus

 

Comments

Popular Posts