Passer un dimanche dans la ville!

As it is a pleasant routine of Paul and I every weekend to go to his parents' family home near the mountains about 50 kilometers or so away from the big city of Strasbourg (France), we did not get to spend this sunday with them...along with the traditional breakfast: brioche & green tea with honey (for me) and Nutella toasts with a big jug of milk (for Paul) while reading the sunday newspaper & chatting. No, this weekend was not like that; instead, I used it to make a gourmet soupe (my favorite dish of all seasons) with what I had in my fridge: one steam of leek, one big potato, a bright yellow sweet pepper, a medium onion and I added one chicken bouillon cube as seasonnings with some shredded chichen and...voilà! Unlike Martha Stewart- the household Diva of America www.marthastewart.com- I have not dedicated my like to the art of cooking, but I will say that this simple chicken soup of mine was a success, for my palette feasted upon it with great delight. Later on, I took the advantage of time to follow up on my skin care regimen where I carefully chose the natural-sourced products to rejuvinate my skin and prep it for the cold winter months. My trick is simple. I am a BIG fan of (essential & carrier)oils such as Macademia & Olive or Grapeseed & Shea Butter or Jojoba & Avocado which all contain some type of antioxidant along with natural emolient to protect & sooth your skin...at any age and budget. I use my oils like precious gold, drop by drop, from head to toe regardless of the brand. While I am not boycotting any particular maker of beauty items, I found it logical, fair & budget-friendly (in the long run) to create my own beauty concoctions as much as I can, then, refer to the brands to produce the rest of the magic.

Popular Posts