Les gammes des soins à l'épreuve!

Ever since my arrival in Strasbourg- and I have made sure to bring along some key products for the maintenance of my naturally curly Caribbean hair- I have yet to find some products/brands that will suit the needs of my normally dry hair. Everyone knows; if you do not, then check out the comedian, Chris Rocks, latest documentary movie about African, African-American & Caribbean women's hair situation: "Good Hair"; that our scalp does not produce nearly as much sebum (oil) as it ought to prevent extreme breakage and to promote healthy, supple hair. After trying (and I really mean it, though, not as much as many) countless products and ingredients from a number of brands, I have come to the understanding that I must take this matter into my own hands and do some research and test some brands in order to finally find some key products and ingredients that will actually promote healthy scalp and hair. This is what I have found after three years of reading and searching-- No. 1: I have discovered the power of (essential & carrier) oils. Usage: After shampoo and conditioner, I spray a combination of Wheat Germ, Jojoba & Shea Butter in my hair and gently massage it to my scalp for an even distribution. No. 2: There are only a selective number of products that work...well. Usage: Our hair is really not that complicated, although we have been taught so by those who do not have our hair type. That said, I am an advocate for keeping it real with our natural hair: curled, afro, kinky or whatever it may be. Since 2006, after a 'perm' accident, I have decided to grow my natural hair back. Since then, I am stiking with the Fekkai GLOSSING shampoo & conditioner, the L'Occitane en Provence Shine Mask with essential oils & their Serum Repairing for Dry and Damaged hair. No. 3: Once I found these ingredients and brands, I do not deviate. Usage: Whether it be natural of organic oil, find it, use it. We all have the freedom to test (way too many) products/brands out in the billion-dollar industry. Read the labels from each bottle or jar, then make a sound decision according to your mind & wallet.

Popular Posts