Le mot d'ordre du jour: la simplicité à tout prix!

Whenever and wherever you turn on the television or the radio in your car in the last year, one cannot be spared of hearing the oh-so-famous hit song "When I Grow Up": "when i grow up, i wanna be famous, wanna be a star...see the world, drive nice cars...be on TV, people know me..." While I am not one to comment on its rhythmic quality, I must give them credit where credit is due for their catchy easy-to-follow lyrics. I could not help by wondering about the following: could this single song adequately portray the 20-somethings true longings out of this life. If so, would it even apply to all of them or just a small fraction? To take things one step further, could it also be the deepest secret desires of teenagers nowadays? I supposed that the point I am clearly making is the fact that the Pussycat Dolls may be quite in touch with the current generation to the extent that this singing & dancing group might epitomize the current trend of thoughts-mainly true in the USA. Now, this begs the intrinsic question of the manner in which this generation will collaborate (or collide) with the next in order to move forward- in a positive light while creating and maintaining its signature style and essence. As for me, I am voting for the path of simplicity while striving to leave a legacy of peace. I know...I know, it sounds too good to be true. I am quite aware of that and am steadily doing something about it everyday. The ball is on your court now, pal…do something!!

Comments

Popular Posts