Un moment inattendu!

"I don't want to be alone, I want to be left alone". These are the very words of the famous Belgium actress, Audrey Hepburn. In deed, there are moments when one is compelled to be alone with his or her thoughts. Regardless of the frequency of such occurance, one has to confront the thoughts that race through the mind whether it evokes sweet memories or bitter joys. I have come to cherish and evolve from those (precious) moments that no longer frighten my soul. I have embraced it, therefore, had put it to good use. For instance, I have been relying on (less than convenient) public transportation since my start of graduate school in Indiana. Although I had clearly anticipated those hours of waiting and riding the bus-rain or shine or hail- to be a drag on my morale, it turned out to be the time I most look forward to each day so I can have the time to ponder about the politics of life and the course it is to be taken. Needless to say that after each bus ride I would come out refreshed, energized and ready to tackle the future. Now, what is your moment of 'solitude' saught after?

Popular Posts