# 169 : une chevelure de comète!






I am positive that my natural hair story might resonate with many women from the curly textured spectrum around the globe.

It has mostly been ingrained in the afro/caribbean/haitian community that having your hair in its natural, curly or kinky style is a nuisance; or that it has to be "fixed", "managed" and "controlled".

Fortunatelly, I have long put those prejudices aside by accepting, then ambracing the reality of my curls's origin. Who am I?

I am a highly educated, well traveled, multilingual black woman in her late thirties (who can also make a dashing vegetable curry dish) who has been living and working in Europe for over a decade with her French husband who is a pluridisiplinary artist.

In other words, my hair texture does not define my intellect. It is rather an intransic part of my personality. I cannot change that fact nor do I intend to modify its natural state. It's been nearly fifteen years since I've kept my short strands natural- free of unecessary chemical compounds, straightners or potions.

And, to gently care for them on a weekly basis, I have adopted the following ritual to nourish each (grey) strand.


Afro Hair Routine : 100 ml in a dark-colored glass bottle


50 ml
Simmondsia Chinensis 
(Jojoba) Seed Oil
 +

30 ml
Ricinus communis 
(Castor) Oil
+

10 ml
Argania spinosa 
(Argan) oil
+

10 ml
Persea gratissima 
(Avocado) oil
+

 Rosmarinus officinalis
25-30 drops Rosemary Essential Oil





°°°

background mood


Choi Sai Ho : Violin Cityscape

Comments

Popular Posts