Photoshoot: Vivre le premier mai... en France!

Living a full-year for the first time in various parts of France, mainly in Strasbourg (Alsace), has enable me to make certain observation about the French way of life and attitude toward the everyday routine...or what (truly) makes the people tick- so to speak.
Each foreigner will view it differently depending on a number of (personal) factors. Well, I see it as a people hunger for justice, peace and vivid advocates for personal freedom.
During the 1er mai holiday, I was informed that it is normal for public/government workers to take on the streets of France and march for better quality of life and work conditions. Well, from the top of my 3rd floor apt building, I was able to witness the ever long défilé of protestors quietly but vehimently asking and demanding their citizen rights.
All of that caused me to reflect upon the things I value most in this world: education & work, family & community, environmental issues & freedom...for ALL!

Popular Posts