Un retour vers sa personne!

The more time passes, the more I feel inclined to return to my roots. To (re)visit the places of my origin. To reconnect with my past. To cherish what was mine in the first place. To (re)candle that old African flame that I never knew- nor my parents, nor my grandparents. I have found that the more I study the history that is mine. That history that I was cut off from by the hands of capitalists since the late 1400. The deeper I dig into my Haitian heritage, the deeper I comprehend the person I am today with particular characteristics that can only be answered by the writings & doings of my past anscestry both in Africa & Europe. Lately, my mind have turned to Africa. The source of my being. I want to go there someday. I need to feel its spirit. I must discover its charm in spite of its misery. I have Africa on my mind!

Popular Posts