Inspiration culinaire d'une étudiante!

I was first introduced to the joy and benefit of cooking by watching both of my parents who shared the responsibility of such a tedious task where my father would make it a point to prepare breakfast on the weekends and daily late supper, and my mother would concoct us wonderful dinners. Along with my grandmother's, Georgette, sunday feasts. And recently, my aunt's, Marie-Carmelle, Haitian dishes and my sister's, Michaelle, modern twist on our traditional cooking. Therefore, it came rather naturally to venture out in cooking on my own for nearly a decade—since my parents have become empty nesters. I must admit that I am not of a baker in following the strict measurements and rules of recipes; however, I prefer the simple method of improvising the majority of my meals based upon the ingredients found in my cupboard or steady-growing food storage cabinet. To remedy this cooking-bookless situation, I have mentally decided to purchase a decent cooking-baking book-manual sometime in the near future. At this point, I will be open to YOUR suggestions on the best cooking books in the market as you bear in mind that my all-times favorites are Caribbean, Mediterranean and Indian style eating habits. Now, to lend an exotic air to my (super) fast and efficient basic noodles, I have invented this recipe in a whim: “Nouilles au saffron” or/ou “Exotic saffron noodles” 1 pack of Top Chicken Ramon Noodles (boiled as usual) with a pinch of Spanish saffron Side dish vegetables: 1 cup of crushed broccoli (steamed with black pepper) ½ medium avocado (cut in cubes with a splash of lemon juice) Et puis, VOILA! Enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts