Le p'tit train s'en va dans la montagne!

One of the least used means of transportation I've observed in the United States is the path of the rail-that is especially relevant in the Rocky Mountians area where I've lived for nearly five years for college and work. On that note, I wanted to recreate a comparable European train experience I took last year from Strasbourg in France with the TGV en direction de Grenoble. So, Paul and I decided to incorporate the Amtrak rails en route to the Windy City-Chicago. Although the ride could be smoother and the time-distance shortened in comparison to its French counterpart, the Amtrak atmosphere is quite charming. I chatted with other neighbouring passengers about our itinerary and reason for choosing the USA RAILS over the air and exchanged the lastest fashion and health magazines acquired for such tedious summer trips. I was pleasantly and constantly surrounded by infants sleeping...or crying, parents caring for toddlers, teenagers chatting up a storm, grandparents watching over their grandchildren, adults rushing to meet their Amtrak 5 o'clock dinner reservations, lovers cuddling quietly as they anticipate a great journey ahead, seniors reading novels and passengers coming and going to mention a few activities aboard. This only reinforces my conviction and determination in life and of life. Defining life. Living life. Loving life as I join the rest of the world-taking a look at nature, humans and the machine. I observe. I read. I think. I write. And I do, for I am. Next stop: N.Y.C

Popular Posts