Les lumieres de Paris

On a bright tuesday early afternoon, the new era of the United States of America has begun. I have witnessed the historical event live on television with my fellow Foreign Languages and Literature Dept collegues-from Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana- where the 44th president took his oath. I also recall where I was the day Obama won the US elections over his oponent: it was announced to me through my cell phone by P.Schirck who woke me up in my dorm room (Robertsau) in France. That moment was surreal. I was speechless. I recall this moment perfectly, and will always because I lived during this historical moment. I am not an American...I was not born in the USA. However, I abide by similar values of global and international and intercultural respect and FREEDOM-of the collective nation and the individual. I am a woman. I am a daughter. I am sister. I am a friend. I am a citizen of the world!

Comments

Popular Posts